List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Issues about busy cursor
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-29 12:28:38

Lubos Lunak wrote:

> Dne út 29. kvìten 2001 12:23 Michael Goffioul napsal(a):
> [snip]
> >
> > OTOH, I may still show an empty kjobviewer window (empty == job done)
> > which will disappear on the first timeout. I think it's the best
> > solution. But the question is: will the current startup notification
> > system stay like that? I heard some people (including me) complaining
> > about this new system, and asking to go back to the previous one,
> > in which no change is needed.
>
>  Will the current startup notification system stay like _what_ ? How does the
> new system differ from the old one, besides getting the notification more
> often ? Well yes, and also without those few things like not working very
> well with kfmclient/konqy or using the generic icon for K-Menu started
> apps instead of the app icon.

Hi everyone,

I'd say stop nagging at Lubos so he gets finished with the improvement.
He said last week that he's working on it this week to finish it up and
make it more precise. The mask discussion was done before as an option,
but it seems that the flashing icon was more of a startup indicator so
it should be changed back again to that one. The rest is fixing up stuff
that was planned anyway so please stop whining :)

Cheers,

Ralf
--
Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden@kde.org