List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: klpq and kljettool
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2001-05-15 2:36:39

On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 12:28:34PM +0200, Michael Goffioul wrote:

> You'll probably get more people complaining than proposing to finish the code.

Perhaps, but then they should be told to code and not complain :)

> kdeprint only lists drivers that are installed/available on your system, which
> is quite logical.

Right.  The Epson 9 and 24 pin drivers are there.

zippy:~#ls /usr/local/share/cups/model/*
/usr/local/share/cups/model/deskjet.ppd
/usr/local/share/cups/model/epson24.ppd
/usr/local/share/cups/model/epson9.ppd
/usr/local/share/cups/model/laserjet.ppd
/usr/local/share/cups/model/okidat24.ppd
/usr/local/share/cups/model/okidata9.ppd
/usr/local/share/cups/model/stcolor.ppd
/usr/local/share/cups/model/stphoto.ppd

> The "Other" button allows you to select a PPD file in another
> location than the standard one (/usr/share/cups/model).

Ugh.  Depending on cracked out file system trees.  I forgot :)

Why doesn't cups offer some API or somesuch to find this?  :(

I guess I'll need to fix this as well.

> Your printer is supported by Foomatic,

It is supported by the 24 (and likely 9) pin Epson driver.  It works fine,
except in 360dpi mode.

- alex