List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: klpq and kljettool
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2001-05-14 10:28:34

> Well, OTOH "removing" klpq would sort of jump start the need for someone
> to finish the LPR plugin..

You'll probably get more people complaining than proposing to finish the code.

> Well yeah, I fixed the cupsdconf thing that was bugging me (well
> preventing cupsdconf from even working).  But cups itself doesn't work
> with my printer (Panasonic KX-P1124) at 360dpi (very irritating).  And the
> kdeprint stuff doesn't seem to allow me to add anything other than a
> postscript printer (not sure how to fix that, but I added the printer via
> the lpadmin tool).

kdeprint only lists drivers that are installed/available on your system, which
is quite logical. The "Other" button allows you to select a PPD file in another
location than the standard one (/usr/share/cups/model). Your printer is supported
by Foomatic, at least I found an available driver on my Mandrake=8.0 system.
So you should download/install cupsomatic and the driver file from
http://www.linuxprinting.org/, however it seems the site is temporarily down.

If you need more informations, just mail me. But maybe it is more appropriate
to use private mails.

Bye.
Michael.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM