List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: klpq and kljettool
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2001-05-12 0:20:41

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 11:27:27AM +0200, Michael Goffioul wrote:

> IMO, klpq should be kept in a standard KDE package as long as job management
> is not implemented in the LPR plugin of kdeprint (printer enable/disable
> is implemented). I'm talking here about the LPR/BSD plugin (with maybe
> LPRng extension), not the generic UNIX plugin.

Well, OTOH "removing" klpq would sort of jump start the need for someone
to finish the LPR plugin..

> > As much as cupsd and cupsdconf have given me nothing but trouble... it
>
> If these troubles are related to kdeprint (cupsdconf is part of it), please
> report them to me.

Well yeah, I fixed the cupsdconf thing that was bugging me (well
preventing cupsdconf from even working).  But cups itself doesn't work
with my printer (Panasonic KX-P1124) at 360dpi (very irritating).  And the
kdeprint stuff doesn't seem to allow me to add anything other than a
postscript printer (not sure how to fix that, but I added the printer via
the lpadmin tool).

- alex