List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdesktop wait cursor
From:       mosfet <mosfet () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-05-10 5:55:19

You didn't even know what the image viewer window was, and were
complaining that it was a splashscreen :P Was that your joke? If so then
why did you include it in a serious discussion against splashscreens as
one of two examples? Use the app, then complain.

The GUI window shouldn't be shown at startup unless you select it,
because if your quickly viewing images why would you want two toplevel
windows? Again, this is why almost all the traditional Unix image
viewers don't do things the way you want it.

If you don't like it, select KView UI mode, but that will never be the
default behavior.