List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdesktop wait cursor
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-09 20:17:12

#if F@lk Brettschneider

> This is very true. The current GUI approach for application launching is
> not very intuitive for many users.
> That's why I second Torsten Rahn.
> The visual launch-feedback of the taskbar should be moved to the mouse
> cursor where it will be noticed by all users, immediately and in an easy
> way.
> The mouse cursor could stay as an arrow but with the animated launch
> symbol, additionally.

Someone going to write a patch and we test it on users by making it an
option ? Seems like the best way to me. If the users say 'I like it', we
make it default and make the current method an option. If half the users
like it, we make it an option. If the users hate it, we drop it. Just
someone make a patch, eh ?

Rik