List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: i18n of icons
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-09 19:39:27

#if Torsten Rahn

> putting multiple pixmaps of the same icon which only differ in
> dimension (and maybe i18n as well) into one file might be quite a good idea
> performance-wise. On the other hand it would probably need a
> new icon-format to be generated. One reason to stay
> with pngs is that they are very common and that it is very
> easy to change icons the current way it works
> (which is important in OS-projects IMHO).

There's no reason that icons couldn't be left in CVS as they are and
'packaged up' when installed. I don't know why that's desirable though.

If KIconLoader needs to look for two icons, does it really take that
much longer than looking for one icon ? Doesn't the kernel cache
directory listings ?

Hmm, shared pixmap server sounds good to me anyway.

Rik