List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: i18n of icons
From:       Wolfram Diestel <wolfram () steloj ! de>
Date:       2001-05-09 20:37:09

Je Merkredo, la  9a de Majo 2001 01:14, Federico Cozzi skribis:

> E.g.: the German "recycle" icon is different from the Italian one (I think
> the KDE "recycle" icon comes from Germany, correct me if I'm wrong).
> KDE icon has two green arrows going in circle (light green and dark
> green); Italian icon has three arrows going in a triangle (all the same
> green).
> Nobody in Italy has ever seen the KDE icon (except on some bottle
> labels, but I suspect it's an EU law).

I think german would understand the three arrows as well.
The two-arrow symbol doesn't really symbolize recycling.
It's the symbol for an industry league who tried to avoid
a law for resending all packages two the producers. They
promised the recycling of all packages with this two-arrow symbol,
but in fact they recycle only a small percentage and the
rest of the wast ship to Azia.
Thus in fact it's a symbol for anti-recycling :-(

--
Wolfram Diestel <wolfram@steloj.de>