List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Need help with kwin maintainance
From:       Matthias Ettrich <ettrich () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2001-05-09 19:22:26

Hello guys,

I need help with kwin maintainance. I would like to donate some time before
2.2 to fix the most severe outstanding bugs, but looking at the buglist
(http://bugs.kde.org//db/pa/lkwin.html) is not really encouraging. Many of
the things here are already fixed, some are not reproducable. The problem
with the list is, that it is real work to close all those bugs (there's no
checkbox and there's no way to close several with one mail and still give a
short specialiued comment to every submitter).

In addition, I want to be sure not to close bugs that are still reproducable,
which takes a lot of time.

Mosfet has some serious issues with the KWM-compatible style engine and I
promised to help him with that, but I don't really get this done either :(

KWin is a fairly important KDE desktop component. I can still maintain it in
a sense that I can look into and fix issues with it. But maintaining the bug
list is too much for me right now. So if there is anybody or even better: a
few people out there who would like to help, that'll be great.

Anybody willing to help out cleaning the bug list?

Matthias