List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdesktop wait cursor
From:       Martijn Klingens <mklingens () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-05-08 15:51:10

On Tuesday 08 May 2001 17:24, mosfet wrote:
> IMHO most users are going to expect a busy cursor. These are not just
> used by Windows but by Mac, Gnome, and a lot of other UI systems. It's
> essentially a standard UI item across various platforms. Each has their
> own little icon, but they all mean the same thing.

Makes sense.

If we want another approach by all means, maybe Wilco's idea can be extended
a small step further:

Draw a small window with the title of the app being loaded in the title bar
and a small text "Loading kmyapp..." message or so. Maybe we can even draw
the app's icon next to the text.

But still, the animated cursor might be the best bet...

Martijn