On Tuesday 08 May 2001 17:24, mosfet wrote: > IMHO most users are going to expect a busy cursor. These are not just > used by Windows but by Mac, Gnome, and a lot of other UI systems. It's > essentially a standard UI item across various platforms. Each has their > own little icon, but they all mean the same thing. Makes sense. If we want another approach by all means, maybe Wilco's idea can be extended a small step further: Draw a small window with the title of the app being loaded in the title bar and a small text "Loading kmyapp..." message or so. Maybe we can even draw the app's icon next to the text. But still, the animated cursor might be the best bet... Martijn > Torsten Rahn wrote: > ...snip... > > > Sure, but what is the advantage of this way? Or is it just an attempt to > > make it look different for the sake of being different? > > > > Greetings, > > Tackat > > > > > Greetings, > > > Wilco