List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: idea for kde
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () sh ! cvut ! cz>
Date:       2001-05-08 11:16:25

Dne po 7. květen 2001 19:04 Neil Stevens napsal(a):
> On Monday 07 May 2001 03:36 am, Ralf Nolden wrote:
>  > b) the ex-windows users absolutely do not know about editing a text file
>  > I assume. So having some configuration for that would be fine with
>  > them.
>
> Well, an xmodmap frontend is one of the kcontrol modules I plan to get
> written.  If someone is impatient enough to start before I get to it, be
> my guest. :-)

 It would be much better if you wrote something better than kxkb instead ( be
it finally porting kikbd to KDE2.x or maybe better writing something from
scratch ). Note that your xmodmap frontend would be useless for everyone
using kxkb, as it simply resets the keyboard layout everytime you switch the
keyboard. I personally don't like XKB, maybe because Czech maps shipped with
XFree suck, and I really miss kikbd. I even recently added the possibility to
completely turn off kxkb including its initialization.

 Lubos Lunak
--
 l.lunak@email.cz ; l.lunak@kde.org
 http://dforce.sh.cvut.cz/~seli