List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: System Configure tool
From:       m_elter () t-online ! de (Matthias Elter)
Date:       2001-05-05 15:59:54

On Saturday 05 May 2001 17:23, Rob Kaper wrote:
> On Sat, May 05, 2001 at 01:17:56AM +0200, Matthias Elter wrote:
> > > Sign me up for Slackware.
> > >
> > > KPP maintains a world-wide database of telecom providers and their
> > > rates *and* ISPs and their dail-in settings for crying out loud. If we
> > > can maintain that, can't we take care of those few different setups?
> >
> > Those few different setups? Don't kid yourself.
>
> Okay, maybe I shouldn't have added that sarcasm. But I still think that if
> we can maintain all the KPP stuff, we can also find the people willing to
> write distribution specific stuff.

cvs checkout kdeadmin.

Have a look into that module. Mostly unmaintained and unuseable. Distribution
independent? Try some kdeadmin modules on the latest Caldera, SuSE or Redhat.
I don't see people willing to wirte distribution independent configuration
tools. And you need lots of people for the shiny goal you have in mind.

Matthias

P.S.: You are free to try anyway of course.