List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Possible cause of kivio problems
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-01 16:03:49

On Die, 01 Mai 2001, Guillaume Laurent wrote:

> That's still a few hours lost, possibly more due to people living in
> different time zones. Multiply this by the hourly rate of the developers
> working on kivio, you'll get a fair amount of money.

I'd disagree. built errors are usually only typos somewhere and usually
don't require more than a few minutes of looking into the makefiles. and if
there is no obvious fix visible, you revert the last commit locally and tell
the one to blame to fix his commits. those who "spent hours for such
breakages" should spent their time on reading the CVS documentation instead.

> Which woudln't have happened if the move was discussed first.

I agree. a bit of communication would have been better. Lets agree on this
and move on and stop this nonsense discussion!

/me wonders though why the kivio developers are not subscribed to the
koffice-devel mailinglist though.

> Come on. All I'm saying is, people should be a bit more careful with Shawn's
> apps, that's all.

And all what the others say is that when you can't stand the Bazaar, you
should go back hiding in the cathedral.

By the inclusion of kivio in koffice not only the koffice team has to accept
the kivio team's rules, but also vice versa.

Dirk