List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Possible cause of kivio problems
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-05-01 13:17:39

On Monday 30 April 2001 21:23, Ben Burton wrote:
> Hi.  I've written this to a mailing list and to a kivio developer but nobody
> has conformed or denied my suspicions.  Basically I believe the reason the
> connector tool is no longer working is because libkiviopart.so is no longer
> directly linked to /usr/bin/kivio; instead it is being dlopened and as a
> result straight_connector.ksp can no longer find symbols it needs from
> libkiviopart.so.

It seems you are correct - this matches Waldo's findings too,
and explains why the change happened recently: when we removed
the link from the binary to the part (which was quite an ugly
design, the code being both linked to and dlopened).

Shawn: there you go. The fix is to either make the binary link the
part again, or the plugins link the part, or better, follow Waldo's
suggestion.

An ACL really doesn't help here. It's Werner and I who made this change
to all koffice apps, anyway :P