List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Detaching a KProcess ? Cancelling app exit ?
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-04-29 23:24:54

On Sunday 29 April 2001 04:23, Michael Goffioul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to detach a running KProcess from
> the main process.

Euhm.. not yet I think :-]

> What would be the best: detaching the print processes and warning the user
> about it (processes would still be cancellable using the print job viewer),
> or avoiding the application exit if the user wants to finish print
> processes, killing the print processes if he quit application ?

If the application is just sitting there without any print-specific progress
dialog, I would not expect that quiting the application at that point would
have any effect on my ongoing print-job.

So in that case I would go for detaching unconditionally.

Can you update kdecore from CVS and see if KProcess::detach() does what you
need?

Cheers,
Waldo
--