On Sunday 29 April 2001 04:23, Michael Goffioul wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to know if it is possible to detach a running KProcess from > the main process. Euhm.. not yet I think :-] > What would be the best: detaching the print processes and warning the user > about it (processes would still be cancellable using the print job viewer), > or avoiding the application exit if the user wants to finish print > processes, killing the print processes if he quit application ? If the application is just sitting there without any print-specific progress dialog, I would not expect that quiting the application at that point would have any effect on my ongoing print-job. So in that case I would go for detaching unconditionally. Can you update kdecore from CVS and see if KProcess::detach() does what you need? Cheers, Waldo -- bastian@kde.org | SuSE Labs KDE Developer | bastian@suse.com