List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KCM Konsole
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-04-20 16:51:17

On Freitag, 20. April 2001 18:46 Stephan Kulow wrote:

> If it's part of the konsole binary you still have to resolve the symbols
> while the application starts. Isn't it better to have editors you only need
> twice a year in a seperate binary?

or a separate library, which can be dlopened from konsole. I have some start
of a KCMShell class, to load control modules from applications without having
to system("kcmshell foo");

I don't see the point of putting every single configuration dialog of every
applications into kcontrol.

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer