List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    ACLs in KDE CVS
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () suse ! com>
Date:       2001-03-27 0:51:05

I am implementing rudimentary access control lists (ACLs) for the KDE
CVS.  Certain modules in CVS will have restricted commit policies.
That is, only those users explicitely specified will be able to commit
to them.

The two modules that that are restricted are (currently) CVSROOT and
www.  I have already made the change to CVSROOT so unless you are one
of the CVS admins, you can't commit to it.

I will be making the change to the 'www' module in a few days or early
next week.  The reason that I am sending this message out is that I
need a list of people to allow.  If you need to be able to make
modifications to any part of the 'www' module, then send me a private
email at granroth@kde.org (don't spam these lists).

To be clear: when I enable ACLs for the www module, if you aren't on
the list then you won't be able to commit any changes!

By default, all other modules will be available to everybody (as
always).
            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop