List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Can we drop KWrite ?
From:       Charles Samuels <charles () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-03-12 21:20:21

On Monday 12 March 2001 02:12 pm, Torsten Rahn wrote:
> Well how many texteditors do you want to see in KDE? 3, 4 or 6?
> Just because they are different in using a different
> knowledge-level or MDI, SDI .... ?
> Besides that: the original author hasn't maintained kwrite for months ...
> unlike Christoph Cullman ....
I think what we need is a KWorkspace class, which will make a program behave
like either SDI or MDI, according to a KDE-or-app-global option.

Some apps also cooperate better with MDI, and some better with SDI.  For
example, SDI is great for apps like kword, while MDI may be better for apps
like Krayon.

However, I'll oppose Kant being included until it can do both MDI and SDI :)

-charles

--
Charles Samuels <charles@kde.org>
K Desktop Environment