List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdelibs/kscan + kdegraphics/kooka + koffice/plugins
From:       Malte.Starostik () t-online ! de (Malte Starostik)
Date:       2001-03-09 17:15:04

Am Freitag 09 März 2001 17:54 schrieb Nikolas Zimmermann:
> Hi there,
>
> 1. KScan
[...]
> 2. Kooka
[...]
> 3. KOffice
[...]

I'm all for this, good scanning support is something really missing from KDE
till now (at least in the "normal" modules).

BTW, I wrote a small suid-helper that writes "scsi add-single-device 0 0 5 0"
to /proc/scsi/scsi to make the kernel know about the scanner if it was turned
off at the time the scsi module was loaded and "scsi remove-single-device 0 0
5 0" to tell the kernel when the scanner was turned off. Maybe with the
hardcoded host, channel, id, lun values made configurable this could be added
so at least Linux-users don't need to worry about reloading the scsi module
when they want to use the scanner?
-Malte