List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    kdelibs/kscan + kdegraphics/kooka + koffice/plugins
From:       Nikolas Zimmermann <wildfox () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-03-09 16:54:03

Hi there,

1. KScan
i would like to move our new "KDE2 Scanning Library",
written by Klaas Freitag <freitag@suse.de>, to kdelibs/kscan (good idea?)

It's working great! You can find it under kdenonbeta/kscan at the moment.
I only checked the built under Linux, don't know about other Unices..etc...
can someone check?

2. Kooka
Kooka is the "frontend" to kscan, it's a very nice scanning program with tons
of possiblities what do to....MassScan, OCR....and much more

I think kdegraphics is the right place for it.

3. KOffice
I wanna add the directory koffice/plugins, where we can place KParts::Plugins
in future to provide plugins for all koffice applications.
For example: I'm going to write a scan plugin, if kscan is in kdelibs, which
adds scanning support to all koffice apps, which support "Insert image"
(This will be done by extending kofficelib..etc... as discussed with david)

What do you guys think?

Bye
 Bye
  Niko