List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdelibs/kscan + kdegraphics/kooka + koffice/plugins
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-03-09 17:18:17

Nikolas Zimmermann wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> 1. KScan
> i would like to move our new "KDE2 Scanning Library",
> written by Klaas Freitag <freitag@suse.de>, to kdelibs/kscan (good idea?)
>
> It's working great! You can find it under kdenonbeta/kscan at the moment.
> I only checked the built under Linux, don't know about other Unices..etc...
> can someone check?
>
> 2. Kooka
> Kooka is the "frontend" to kscan, it's a very nice scanning program with tons
> of possiblities what do to....MassScan, OCR....and much more
>
> I think kdegraphics is the right place for it.
Just like for KScan. Why do you want a library in kdelibs that only
people can
use having a scanner?

> 3. KOffice
> I wanna add the directory koffice/plugins, where we can place KParts::Plugins
> in future to provide plugins for all koffice applications.
> For example: I'm going to write a scan plugin, if kscan is in kdelibs, which
> adds scanning support to all koffice apps, which support "Insert image"
> (This will be done by extending kofficelib..etc... as discussed with david)
>
> What do you guys think?

That the plugin framework belongs in kdelibs, the kscan implementation
in kdegraphics.
Only if kscan is installed koffice should provide this option.

Greetings, Stephan

--
People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.