List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: CVS "hard frozen" for the 2.1 release
From:       Oswald Buddenhagen <ob6 () inf ! tu-dresden ! de>
Date:       2001-02-15 22:12:40

> > hmm - do we plan a 2.1.1 release in some weeks?
>
> Yes, that would be definitely a good thing to do - especially if such things
> can't be fixed before.

ok. i definitely advocate for this. there will be a lot of bug reports
once 2.1 is released, anyway.

> > currently, i know about solaris 8 compilation trouble, which i cannot
> > fix without this major changes. who cares ... :)
>
> Hmm, that's bad. Well, you can be the only judge then, since you know the
> code. It's up to you to decide between taking a risk before 2.1,

will see ... probably i can't get it stable in time.

> or releasing with a known compilation problem (and maybe a patch
> available for those who need it). That's probably the safest
> solution, putting the patch on
> http://www.kde.org/compilationfaq.html for Solaris users, isn't it ?

hmm ... the fix is to remove it from the build ... not that
tragic on solaris, as most will use the dtlogin anyway. so this
sounds reasonable. will see ...

best regards

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.