List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: CVS "hard frozen" for the 2.1 release
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-02-15 21:59:55

On Thursday 15 February 2001 21:48, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > > the problem is, that it contains a lot of completely new code ...
> >
> > Then it's probably not the best time to put it in, is it ? :-))
> >
> yep, that's my point. :(
>
> > Don't worry, life goes on after 2.1 !
> >
> hmm - do we plan a 2.1.1 release in some weeks?

Yes, that would be definitely a good thing to do - especially if such things
can't be fixed before.

> currently, i know about solaris 8 compilation trouble, which i cannot
> fix without this major changes. who cares ... :)

Hmm, that's bad. Well, you can be the only judge then, since you know the
code. It's up to you to decide between taking a risk before 2.1, or releasing
with a known compilation problem (and maybe a patch available for those who
need it). That's probably the safest solution, putting the patch on
http://www.kde.org/compilationfaq.html for Solaris users, isn't it ?