List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdesktop patch
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-02-06 22:37:45

On Tuesday 06 February 2001 22:07, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:

> > > It restarts only once! The crashHandler is set to 0 when it is restarted.
> >
> > Ah ok, no problem then.
>
> are you really sure? If kdesktop crashes when loading a background image
> and it then launchen a new kdesktop with system(), it will have a new
> crashhandler, no?

Hmm, that's what I thought too. Why do you say it will have the crashhandler
set to 0, Matthias ?

> Setting the crashhander to 0 is only to prevent looping crashes, when the
> crashhandler itself crashes.
Right. Yup, seems to be the misunderstanding here.
The new kdesktop process is very well able to crash, indeed.

What about using system("kdesktop --nocrashhandler") ?
Unless I'm wrong, it should make the KCrash::setCrashHandler call do nothing ?