On Tuesday 06 February 2001 22:07, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote: > On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 11:45:13AM +0000, David Faure wrote: > > > > I dare not imagine what would happen for him, if kdesktop would restart > > > > every time it crashes :) > > > > > > It restarts only once! The crashHandler is set to 0 when it is restarted. > > > > Ah ok, no problem then. > > are you really sure? If kdesktop crashes when loading a background image > and it then launchen a new kdesktop with system(), it will have a new > crashhandler, no? Hmm, that's what I thought too. Why do you say it will have the crashhandler set to 0, Matthias ? > Setting the crashhander to 0 is only to prevent looping crashes, when the > crashhandler itself crashes. Right. Yup, seems to be the misunderstanding here. The new kdesktop process is very well able to crash, indeed. What about using system("kdesktop --nocrashhandler") ? Unless I'm wrong, it should make the KCrash::setCrashHandler call do nothing ? -- David FAURE, david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/ KDE, Making The Future of Computing Available Today