List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Multihead support for KDE 2.1
From:       Cristian Tibirna <tibirna () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-02-06 1:44:05

On Monday 05 February 2001 12:19, Bradley T Hughes wrote:
> I've been working on this for a couple of weeks now, and it 's fairly
> polished.  Everything works so far, and applications show up on the correct
> screens etc.  Even session management works :)
>
> I've attached the diffs, in case someone wants to take a look and try them
> out (hint: Xnest -scrns 2 :4 simulates dualhead).  Are there any objections
> to this going in for the 2.1 release?

Revision of kdebase patch done. All seems very clean to me. I don't envy you
for the rather sisific work of adding so much similar code all over the place.

Now I'm on my way for actually compiling with those patches, but I'd strongly
vote (?) for applying to CVS. Such a patch was highly requested by (sometimes
large) users since February 1999. I think it deserves fully to be the
exception that confirms the "no no-bugfixes in freeze" self-rule.

Thanks for listening.

CT