List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Font size setting inconsistency in kcontrol with DPI > 75 (more info)
From:       Guillaume Laurent <glaurent () telegraph-road ! org>
Date:       2001-01-28 11:41:34

On Saturday 27 January 2001 22:56, Lars Knoll wrote:

> But that's just their wrong expectations, not a problem with the way we
> handle it. I actually think that some peoples expectations are wrong here.
> The fonts should not change size when people change resolution.

Why not, since everything else does ? When I get a larger screen I certainly
expect to be able to push it to a higher resolution and thus to get more
screen space.

When I bought a 80col card for my Apple //e, that was because I wanted to
have 80 chars per line on the screen, not 40 chars drawn twice as sharp. :-)
(not quite correct comparison but you get the idea).

--
					Guillaume.
					http://www.telegraph-road.org