List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: HOWTO: Deal properly with internationalisation in Qt 2 and KDE 2 code
From:       Hans Meine <hans_meine () gmx ! net>
Date:       2000-11-30 23:51:52

David Faure <david@mandrakesoft.com> writes:
> The string above, though, seems to be UTF8. It appears in konqueror like
> UTF-8 appears when being read "as is" (in latin1).
> I'm pasting it here, but I don't know how it will render for others : rinôçéròse
Wow, "mv"ing the dir I can now see it right with ls and get the same output
like you in konqi. So one can hope it has not too much to do with configuration
of the box. ;-))

<snip>
> PS: Maybe I get utf8 out of the string above, but this could be due to
> the mail exchange. Maybe for you the directory is actually encoded
> in some other encoding :)

This is too much encoding for me (utf8, latin1, MIME, quoted-printable whatever
one after the other?), I will live with it now. :-)

--
   /  /
  /--/