List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Konqueror
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-12-01 0:30:19

On Saturday 11 November 2000 11:52, Kalle Dalheimer wrote:
> Subject: Konqueror
> Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 18:17:43 +0100
> From: Marcello Di Pietro <marcello.dipietro@chello.be>
> To: kalle@kde.org
>

> One thinks are missing into Konqueror (kde2) the ability to receive
> html.gz files.
>
> Test Netscape or IE on http://www.bmww.net/film and test it with
> Konqueror
>
> the index.html file is infact index.html.gz with a special module into
> apache...but Konqueror
> does not accept html.gz files...

Hello,

I cannot duplicate this problem.  Konqueror (kio_http) does indeed support
compressed html pages (much like Netscape does ) which it decompresses
on the fly before supplying it to khtml to be rendered.   See the screenshot
of the site I get when I click on the link below:

http://users.starpower.net/adawit/kde2/images/screenshot.png

BTW, I cannot tell what version of konqueror you are using Marco.

Regards,
Dawit A.