List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: X-KDE-NativeMimeType weirdness
From:       Thomas <zander () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2000-10-30 8:32:06

> On Sunday 29 October 2000 17:35, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > Waldo Bastian wrote:

> > > Increasing.
> >
> > That's wrong I would say. What do you expect to have happened when the
> > timestamp decreases?
>
> Well, I don't store the modification time of each file. I only know the
> creation date of the database and rebuild when a file with a more recent
> modification date than the database is encountered.
>
> It's clear now that that doesn't work very well.

if you look at the modified date of these .desktop files you will notice
that these are set to the date the orig file was created (which is what
creates problems) if you however look at the Created Date of the file the
install data is set. If you look at that in the scan, I think that would
solve your problem with filedates.