List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Small branch survey
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-10-27 21:25:35

Waldo Bastian wrote:

> On Friday 27 October 2000 10:04, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > A little problem we have is the way the translations are handled
> > make them dependend quite much on the sources installed. So
> > there won't be a way around releasing kdebase-i18n-<lang> if
> > we really release kdebase independent of koffice. But this makes
> > some 100 packages ;(
>
> I have no idea how the i18n packages are currently handled... We have one
> package for every language? And this package covers
> kdelibs.kdebase,koffice,etc,etc? (E.g. for 40 languages, we have 40 packages?)
47 as we speak

> So if we release kdelibs & kdebase 2.1 we can either:
> a) release kdebase-i18n-<lang> and kdelibs-i18n-<lang> (e.g. 80 packages)
> or
> b) release kde-i18n-<lang> based on kdelibs 2.1, kdebase 2.1, koffice
> 2.0,
> kdeutils 2.0, etc, etc.?
Yes, we would need to release a tar ball that covers only released
stuff. That would even be the perfect solution, but I doubt we
can handle that.

> Given that we have about 40 (30? 50?) languages and 12 packages, a) would
> lead to about 480 packages.
47 languages and currently 13 packages (we cover non-cvs apps
together with kdenonbeta). Makes 611 - quite some :)

> That's a lot of packages but it wouldn't matter much for the overall size
> would it? In the long run I think that would be more managable.
>
> Please correct me if I make wrong assumptions.
Well, I just don't feel very well with KDE having more than
600 subpages :)

Greetings, Stephan

--
Frauen und Maenner passen vielleicht nicht zusammen, aber meine
allerschoensten Schrammen habe ich mir bei diesem Duell geholt.