List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Small branch survey
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-10-27 21:21:02

On Friday 27 October 2000 10:04, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> A little problem we have is the way the translations are handled
> make them dependend quite much on the sources installed. So
> there won't be a way around releasing kdebase-i18n-<lang> if
> we really release kdebase independent of koffice. But this makes
> some 100 packages ;(

I have no idea how the i18n packages are currently handled... We have one
package for every language? And this package covers
kdelibs.kdebase,koffice,etc,etc? (E.g. for 40 languages, we have 40 packages?)

So if we release kdelibs & kdebase 2.1 we can either:
a) release kdebase-i18n-<lang> and kdelibs-i18n-<lang> (e.g. 80 packages)
or
b) release kde-i18n-<lang> based on kdelibs 2.1, kdebase 2.1, koffice 2.0,
kdeutils 2.0, etc, etc.?

Given that we have about 40 (30? 50?) languages and 12 packages, a) would
lead to about 480 packages.

That's a lot of packages but it wouldn't matter much for the overall size
would it? In the long run I think that would be more managable.

Please correct me if I make wrong assumptions.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
KDE/Linux, you make the choice.