List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: no mimetypes for manpages and info-files
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-09-28 13:33:42

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, aleXXX wrote :
>Or did I miss them ?
>If I knew how this mimemagic stuff works I would add them but unfortunately I
>have no idea :-(
>
>Can this still be done before 2.0 or better after, since we actually can't view
>them at the moment.

Actually, there is a application/x-troff-man.
It used to have the pattern *.1 *.2 *.3 etc, but this broke too many things, since many
other kind of files have that in their name.
If a man page isn't recognised as such automatically, it means it's missing from
kdelibs/kio/magic.
Indeed. All I can see there is

# troff stuff
#
0       string          .\\"            application/x-troff
0       string          '\\"            application/x-troff
0       string          '.\\"           application/x-troff
0       string          \\"             application/x-troff

Do you know of any way to recognise a man page using its first N characters ?

For info, hmm, it's been commented out in the magic file.
Because the mimetype is missing apparently. This one should wait after
2.0 (new translation, for the mimetype comment).

http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/