List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Fragility
From:       <pbrown () redhat ! com>
Date:       2000-09-11 22:16:22

yOn Mon, 11 Sep 2000, Uwe Thiem wrote:

> My posting about KDe being fragile caused a fairly long thread. A majority
> (of developers) argued there were no really bad instabilities while a
> minority (me amoung them ;-) claimed KDe was almost unusable.

I quite often run into kcontrol and konqueror crashes.  I don't see kicker
crash all that much anymore, but I barely use it.  I don't see konsole
crash, but the history mechanism is for shit (slowly fills up all space on
/ partition because of unlinked tmpfile in /tmp I believe).  That is about
all I use as far as KDE programs at the moment.  Konqueror is becoming
quite a browser, I do have to admit.  File management still sometimes
bites you.

I just finished a big project at Red Hat and hopefully in my spare time I
can contribute some bugfixes over the next few weeks.  I would like to do
that.

Speed is a major issue.  I may optimize instead of bugfix...

--
  Preston Brown
  pbrown@redhat.com                                Red Hat, Inc.