List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE fragile?
From:       Navindra Umanee <navindra () cs ! mcgill ! ca>
Date:       2000-09-11 22:21:24

Uwe Thiem <uwe@uwix.alt.na> wrote:
> Well, I admit that I *might* have fucked up my system completely. It's
> a P II 400 and KDE is *not* usable. It's like a pencil balancing on
> its tip. Once something goes wrong it never recovers. I can remove
> all KDE related files/directories under my home directory and in
> /tmp. It restarts after that sometimes. Sometimes, it does not.

Okay, for the record mine has been stable enough, usable enough and
likeable enough for me to use for several months.  My machine is lower
class than yours.  Maybe it's system specific.  Can you post some
details on your OS/system?  Like libc, kernel, distribution, etc?

> "Frability" as opposite to "robustness". Like: A mast fallen down
> once will never stand up again on its own.

Well, I may have worked with KDE2 so long that I instinctively know
how not to crash it.  :) I'm sure if I tried fooling around with
kcmkstyles again I could.

Cheers,
Navin.