List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: active frame visualization, key bindings
From:       Matthias Ettrich <ettrich () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2000-06-28 12:53:14

Am Mit, 28 Jun 2000 schrieb Tobias Anton:
> Greetings,
>
> As you can see, this mail will be cc`ed to Mattias
>
> Mattias, this mail is concerning your business as i would like you to
> decide you would accept a reassignment of the default keys for switching
> between virtual desktops from "ctrl-tab" to "alt-ctrl-tab".

It's true that MS-Windows uses Ctrl-Tab for traversal of MDI Document windows.
Windows, however, does not feature virtual desktops.

Given that there are very few MDI applications for the X Window System and that
users use virtual desktops very frequently, we considered Ctrl-Tab to be more
suited for desktop switching. I think this argument still holds, even more
since long-term KDE users are used to Ctrl-Tab for desktop switching.

For MDI document windows, there's still the other MS-Windows shortcut Alt-F6.

Matthias