Am Mit, 28 Jun 2000 schrieb Tobias Anton: > Greetings, > > As you can see, this mail will be cc`ed to Mattias > > Mattias, this mail is concerning your business as i would like you to > decide you would accept a reassignment of the default keys for switching > between virtual desktops from "ctrl-tab" to "alt-ctrl-tab". > It's true that MS-Windows uses Ctrl-Tab for traversal of MDI Document windows. Windows, however, does not feature virtual desktops. Given that there are very few MDI applications for the X Window System and that users use virtual desktops very frequently, we considered Ctrl-Tab to be more suited for desktop switching. I think this argument still holds, even more since long-term KDE users are used to Ctrl-Tab for desktop switching. For MDI document windows, there's still the other MS-Windows shortcut Alt-F6. Matthias