List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Reflexion about NetAccess (enter_loop/exit_loop)
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-06-28 9:46:42

On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 11:38:38AM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> David Faure wrote:
> >
> > Forcing serialisation is fine with me. Just like you can't make
> > two system stat() at the same time (because they're _synchronous_ !),
> > you shouldn't be allowed to do two network-transparent stat()
> > at the same time _IF_ using NetAccess. For async I/O, KIO::Job does the job
> > just fine.
> >
> I think, caring for it in konqueror is the right thing.
Not sure what you mean here - after tonight, konqueror won't use
NetAccess at all anymore (is that what you meant?)

> We should only make sure the developer knows that using NetAccess
> from a slot is causing him problems.
> This has to be a) documentation and b) an assert in the right place.
> Then we can only hope people a) care about documentation and b) are
> testing good enough before releasing :)

Yes :-)

Note that NetAccess was written with the opposite in mind: it keeps
track of a list of temp files, for simultaneous downloads. This will
go away at the same time, AFAICS.

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org