On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 11:38:38AM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote: > David Faure wrote: > > > > Forcing serialisation is fine with me. Just like you can't make > > two system stat() at the same time (because they're _synchronous_ !), > > you shouldn't be allowed to do two network-transparent stat() > > at the same time _IF_ using NetAccess. For async I/O, KIO::Job does the job > > just fine. > > > I think, caring for it in konqueror is the right thing. Not sure what you mean here - after tonight, konqueror won't use NetAccess at all anymore (is that what you meant?) > We should only make sure the developer knows that using NetAccess > from a slot is causing him problems. > This has to be a) documentation and b) an assert in the right place. > Then we can only hope people a) care about documentation and b) are > testing good enough before releasing :) Yes :-) Note that NetAccess was written with the opposite in mind: it keeps track of a list of temp files, for simultaneous downloads. This will go away at the same time, AFAICS. -- David FAURE david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org http://home.clara.net/faure/, http://www.konqueror.org/ KDE, Making The Future of Computing Available Today