List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Reflexion about NetAccess (enter_loop/exit_loop)
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-06-28 9:38:38

David Faure wrote:

> Forcing serialisation is fine with me. Just like you can't make
> two system stat() at the same time (because they're _synchronous_ !),
> you shouldn't be allowed to do two network-transparent stat()
> at the same time _IF_ using NetAccess. For async I/O, KIO::Job does the job
> just fine.

I think, caring for it in konqueror is the right thing. We should only
make
sure the developer knows that using NetAccess from a slot is causing him
problems.
This has to be a) documentation and b) an assert in the right place.
Then we can
only hope people a) care about documentation and b) are testing good
enough before
releasing :)

Greetings, Stephan

--