List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: vi mode lines
From:       Geert Jansen <g.t.jansen () stud ! tue ! nl>
Date:       2000-06-17 15:08:04

Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Son, 11 Jun 2000, Geert Jansen wrote:
>
> > 2. There are two form. For example, my settings are in the first form:
> >      vi: ts=8 sts=4 sw=4
> >    The spaces can be replaces by colons.
>
> can you translate what that means so that I can adjust my Xemacs?
> (no flame wars please :-) )

ts=8: Means tabsize = 8
sts=4: Means soft tab size 4 spaces. A tab will advance the cursor by 4
positions. Depending on the number of blanks before the cursor, vi will use
some combination of tabs and spaces to achieve this.
sw=4: Shift width (indent size) = 4 positions.

Greetings,
--
    Geert Jansen                       email: <g.t.jansen at stud.tue.nl>
    Phylosopher, Physicist,                    email: <jansen at kde.org>