Dirk Mueller wrote: > On Son, 11 Jun 2000, Geert Jansen wrote: > > > 2. There are two form. For example, my settings are in the first form: > > vi: ts=8 sts=4 sw=4 > > The spaces can be replaces by colons. > > can you translate what that means so that I can adjust my Xemacs? > (no flame wars please :-) ) ts=8: Means tabsize = 8 sts=4: Means soft tab size 4 spaces. A tab will advance the cursor by 4 positions. Depending on the number of blanks before the cursor, vi will use some combination of tabs and spaces to achieve this. sw=4: Shift width (indent size) = 4 positions. Greetings, -- Geert Jansen email: Phylosopher, Physicist, email: KDE enthusiast PGP key ID: 0xD2B5E7CE