List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KAB issues for bin compatible freeze
From:       Don Sanders <don () sanders ! org>
Date:       2000-05-31 13:58:42

There are several unresolved issues with integrating KAB and KMail, I'm
working on solving them.

I can see at least one problem with the current API, it doesn't allow address
book entries to contain custom fields. I can work around this limitation if
need be, but the work around won't be pretty.

I don't know if there is an easy way to overcome this limitation, I'm not
sure whether KAB should be made exempt from the freeze in order to try.

I don't have a lot of time left to look into these issues. I'm leaving for
another job on the other side of the planet in a fortnight and are unsure of
how much time I will have to work on this kind of stuff (at least for awhile
I will have less time). I don't really have time to work on KAB as well as
the other KDE stuff I'm doing.

BFN,
Don.