List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: naming inconsistency in KURL
From:       Richard Moore <rich () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-05-31 13:28:05

David Faure wrote:

> On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 08:22:04AM -0400, pbrown@redhat.com wrote:
> > On Tue, 30 May 2000, Kurt Granroth wrote:
> >
> > > The first
> > >
> > > and the second
> >
> > I don't know what a human-readable URL is vs. the complete one.  This only
> > makes sense if you already understand the methods! :)
>
> If you used konqueror to do web browsing as it is now (which displays .prettyURL(),
> and if you used the 1.90 version (which displayed .url()) you would
> see a huge difference.
>
> What else is there to say ? One is the complete url, the other one is
> the human readable one, just as the docu states ;-)

I think an example would be a good start. eg. if the url is something
like:
http://localhost:8080/test.cgi?test=hello%20world&name=fred

What is the human readable version? I can think of several possible
answers.
http://localhost:8080/test.cgi
http://localhost:8080/test.cgi?test=hello world&name=fred
http://localhost/test.cgi