List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: IMPORTANT REMINDER: no more binary incompatible changes after
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-05-31 12:21:29

George Staikos wrote:

> On Tue, 30 May 2000, Waldo Bastian wrote:
>
> > The IO-slave interface needs to be changed from qstrings to KURL. KURL also
> > needs some fixes, I could use the d-pointer for that, but I rather not
> > introduce an extra 'new' in all the constructors if that's isn't strictly
> > necassery.
>
>    I'll have all my IOSlave code in for you as of 12 EDT.  I'm only working
> on the SMTP slave right now unless something big pops up in the pop3 slave
> tonight.

Give me a sign if the SMTP slave is useable and I'll move it into
kdelibs/kio
and make kbugreport use it. I have some plans for the kbugreport anyway
:)

what I would really love to see is making a check if the host is going
to be
blocked by the DUL (dialup host list), so we can pop up a dialog box
"send a
SMTP host dedicated for your ISP"

Greeings, Stephan

--