List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KToolbarButton bin incompatible change
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-05-30 19:35:57

Torsten Rahn wrote:
> Could you make the width of the buttons depend on the textlength in
> "Text under icons" again (would look similar to "Text aside icons"
> then)? Of course "proportional" buttons might have the advantage of
> looking "better arranged", but the result right now is that there
> are usually huge bad-looking gaps between the icons now and that the
> toolbar wastes too much space when in "Text under icons"-mode.  For
> these reasons I doubt that anyone would use "Text under icons" with
> the current layout, so it would be prettymuch useless unless you
> change the layout to "non-proportional".

Yes, I'll commit that at the same time.  I'll admit that I really
don't *want* to since having the buttons be the same size is A Good
Thing.  Unfortunately, you are quite right that it is horribly broken
when using with long text names.  Until that is dealt with, it's best
to disable that feature :-(

Oh well...
           KDE -- Putting a Friendly Face on Unix