List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KToolbarButton bin incompatible change
From:       Torsten Rahn <supas121 () astrophysik ! uni-kiel ! de>
Date:       2000-05-30 7:58:34

On Tue, 30 May 2000, Kurt Granroth wrote:

> I will be making a binary incompatible change to KToolBar and

Could you make the width of the buttons depend on the
textlength in "Text under icons" again (would look similar
to "Text aside icons" then)? Of course "proportional"
buttons might have the advantage of looking "better arranged",
but the result right now is that there are usually huge bad-looking
gaps between the icons now and that the toolbar wastes too
much space when in "Text under icons"-mode.
For these reasons I doubt that anyone would use "Text under icons"
with the current layout, so it would be prettymuch useless
unless you change the layout to "non-proportional".

Tackat