List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    kiconloader is scary, and broken
From:       Torsten Rahn <supas121 () astrophysik ! uni-kiel ! de>
Date:       2000-05-30 15:15:27

> Maybad here, I meant $KDEDIR/share/icons. and no, files in this
> directoryare not found by the iconloader.

Strange -- I just put MonaLisa.xpm there. RMB on Autostart
-> Properties -> LMB on the current icon -> Other icons ->
Browse -> Selecting $KDEDIR/share/icons/MonaLisa.xpm
and clicking on the icon makes the Autostart-Folder
appear with a mystery smile ...

So it works perfectly here. Hmm -- so what might be your
problem?!? Ah -- perhaps you expect that the icon-dir
is being listed in Iconsource: System-icons?? That would
be quite a bad idea. I already imagine users who have their
old icons from KDE 1.x there and they choose one from these
icons and wonder why the whole icon-resizing/theming stuff
doesn't work then ...

Tackat